Hi, friends. Believe it or not, I’m still alive! My pal Amanda over at Little Monster(S) and Mommies has convinced me to try my hand at the Summer Bucket List again this year after a break for the last few. My list will be at the end, after a brief update on our goings-on of late.
The Marshmallow is finally kind of, sort of agreeing to potty training. At 4.2 years old. We have tried several times and he is one stubborn dude (a friend calls him Silent Thunder and it’s pretty apt). He can do it (and had a 3 day stint of no accidents and dry overnight diaper), but sometimes he just wants to show us he doesn’t HAVE to. It’s the MM’s world, y’all – we just live in it. Anyway, we’re committed and 2 weeks in so let’s hope we’re all good in the very near future.
Monkey and the MM are in karate and they enjoy it. They recently participated in a karate competition and then had belt testing this week. Tomorrow we have karate “graduation,” during which they will receive their belts (yellow for Monkey and yellow stripe for the MM).
Monkey’s last day of school is next Friday. The MM has been home since we pulled him out of his last school. Let’s have a moment of silence for Mommy (DW) who will be home with them all summer.
We have sold our California condo and close on Tuesday. It has been a money suck and our prop manager out there was the worst, so bye, Felicia!
As we purchased it in 2002, we are going to make a nice little chunk of change on it.
Now that I’ve provided a quick update, on to the bucket list! Following is what we currently have lined up or are considering (I will add/remove events accordingly):
- Visit Granny, Papa, and cousins for pool time
- Go on yearly Edisto beach trip
- Attend one Durham Bulls game per month (First one is this weekend for Merge Records night!)
- Go boating with local friends (first time for both boys)
- Get bikes for the family (finally)
- Put an Intex pool in the back yard
Speaking of, anyone have input regarding the inflatable vs frame version?
- Go strawberry picking with friends
- Enroll in swimming lessons (the MM)
- Attend summer camp:
- The MM’s first summer camp experience (Super Hero camp with bro at what will be the MM’s preschool next year)
- Monkey’s summer camps: Super Hero, Chemistry, Karate, Durham Bulls baseball (tentative)
- Help Grandma move to Raleigh
- Go to Carowinds (I remember going as a kid and having one foot in NC and one in SC as the park is on the boarder)
- Plan a local family vacay