Call it early, pre-pregnancy nesting if you will, but I’m sick and tired of the clutter and all of the stuff in my house. I’m on a mission to de-clutter and just have less items overall. I’ve been looking at Pinterest and at minimalist and organization blogs and today I decided to stop with the research and just do it. I began in the kitchen and ended up with a bag of garbage, a big bag to donate, and several items for DW to look through to see if we can dump it (I can’t identify them). Here’s what I accomplished:
- Cleaned/purged and reorganized our lazy-susan corner cabinet (pots and pans, storage containers).
- Reorganized/purged our pantry, top of the fridge, the two cabinets on either side of the microwave, under the sink, the cabinet that holds dishes, glasses, baby items, and 3 of the 4 shelves next to the washer and dryer.
Still to do in the kitchen:
- Clean/purge remaining cabinet next to the washer and dryer (mostly bags to dump/organize).
- Go through drawers next to stove.
- Cabinet over fridge.
- Cut and store a few pieces of the wood to finish the kitchen cabinets and dump the rest.
- Clean the kitty fountain.
Whew! I figured if I put it down somewhere, I’ll be reminded and actually do it. It feels so good to get rid of unnecessary stuff.