Lately I’ve had a post brewing in my head about capturing the sweet moments of babyhood that I want to remember, like:
- How excited Monkey gets when I or DW come home from being away for any length of time
- The way he says clock (“gock”) and two (“tu”)
- His new fascination with numbers and counting (he can only go to 3, but he loves when we count things)
- How he cuddles up close in bed at night and refuses to let go of the breast until he’s good and ready (yes, it is ridiculously adorable)
- The random, blissful hugs he gives with his whole body – including at dinner time when he’s in his high chair
- How much he loves playing hide and seek with Mama
- When he tries to sing along to Justin Roberts’ Sandcastles (not sure how this got into our repertoire, but he loves it and I like it, too)
I’m sure there are more I’m not thinking of and I hope to add to this list.
Hi, friends. So sorry it’s been so long since I’ve updated. I am getting acclimated to my new job. So far, it’s pretty great. Since I started on 8/1, I’ve been into the office a grand total of 1 time. Woot woot! I do have a bit of a deadline coming up this Friday, so will need to buckle down for the next few days.
Monkey continues to be his charming adorable self. He still doesn’t have very many words, but astonishes us with all that he is learning and understanding. His latest love is a pair of Ugg boots that were hand-me-downs from a friend’s daugher. He brings them to us for us to help him put them on and admires them. We also got his Halloween costume (yeah, Mommy/DW is really into H’ween) and he checked himself out in the mirror in it with glee. Cracked me up!
He is doing better with both eating and sleeping. Eating noticeably more lately (where he used to have half a sandwich, for example, now he’ll have a full one). Sleep is still a bit of a struggle, but these days he is up 2-3 times per night for a quick nursing session and then back to sleep. Still an early riser, but hitting 5:30-6:00 more often than 4:30-5:00 these days. Hey, we’ll take what we can get. I keep meaning to start night-weaning, but I can’t seem to make myself do it. Maybe thise weekend… We would also love to change our nighttime go to sleep routine, but have no idea how without crying it out (not happening). We typically bathe (if it’s bath night), brush teeth, read books, nurse, and then carry him around the room for 10-15 minutes until he falls asleep and put him in the crib. Yeah, that would be the big part we’d like to change. We co-sleep (though he goes down first in his crib until we come to bed), so you’d think we could just lay down with him and he’d go to sleep after nursing, but he hasn’t done that in a LONG time. He seems to need that walk around now. Argh. What works for you guys?
Nothing else to report that I can think of. I’ll try to check in more frequently. I love reading what you all post, so it’s no fair to do that but not give you something in return.