OMG you guys! Two posts in two days! As I pulled together my 2017 round-up, I started to think about things I want to improve on in 2018.
Goals for 2018 (NOT resolutions, because fuck that – lol)
Read! I love to read, but I’ve cut way back on it due to laziness. I just bought a book light and am ready to get back to it!
Initial list (because I already own them):
- I’m Judging You: The Do Better Manual by Luvvie Ajayi
- Antagonists, Advocates, & Allies by Catrice M. Jackson
- Book of Dust by Philip Pullman (OMG YESSSSS!!!!)
And beyond! (See? I’ve been keeping track of books I want to read!):
- What Happened by Hillary R. Clinton
- Saga by Brian K. Vaughan (graphic novel – started it but fell off at some point)
- The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas
- We Were Eight Years in Power by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me: A Memoir by Sherman Alexie
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber, Elaine Mazlish
- The Summer I Wasn’t Me by Jessica Verdi
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander, Cornel West
- The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ by Philip Pullman
I’m kind of all over the place, but whatevs.
Another goal is to strengthen my body. I think my kids are finally old enough that I’m ready to focus on myself a bit.
- Pay more attention to the food I eat.
- Incorporate exercise (family bikes?, family walks, use the free gym at work).