Hello, bloggy friends! It’s been so long since I updated. Life is just so hectic lately. All good things, but still stressful.
I started my new job last Monday! It began with a trip to NC for a 2 day new hire orientation. You may remember that I was on the fence about leaving the MM for the trip? Well, I decided to take him! I had a ton of stress around the idea of leaving him, but very little with regard to taking him so off he went. He is a great little traveler! My mom came up to stay with us and care for the MM while I was working. It went really well! They had fun connecting, the MM was super good with her, and he had Mama for overnights and evenings. Whew!
As for the new job, I’m really REALLY happy so far. My new workplace will be fantastic! Orientation was in the building I’ll be working in and I was super impressed with it. New, fancy, fun, just a cool place to be. I love the culture there and so far I’m feeling very competent in my ability to do a great job. I’ll also have enough to learn that it’ll have some challenges, so it’s great.
I left NC feeling like we made a great decision. I think our family will be very happy in the Raleigh area. It’s very much an up-and-coming place, so there are good restaurants, cool things to do, a variety of people. That said, it’s nothing like LA – and I mean that in a good way. No crazy traffic, downtown was easy to navigate and never overly congested. I can’t wait to find our new house and get settled.
Move-wise, so far we’ve:
- Got a realtor
- Got a place lined up in NC to rent short-term (2 miles from work!)
- Found movers and locked in the dates (Jan 23-24, in case you’re interested)
- Lined up a place to ship our vehicles for a reasonable rate
- Possibly have a tenant to move into our LA condo (a friend!)
- Started purging items that we don’t want to move
We still need to:
- Continue purging
- Figure out what we need to bring with us to the rental and how we’ll get it out there
- Book our flight out
- Figure out what we need to do to bring the cats (thinking we’ll have to have them in cargo as you can’t have 3 animals with you on the plane)
All in all, I think we have it well in hand. Now to kick back for a week and enjoy the holidays! Wishing all of you a happy season!