I had my last OB appointment yesterday. DW and Monkey came with me as DW has only met my OB at our first appointment and Monkey has never met her, so we thought it might be nice since the birth is coming right up (scheduled c-section for Monday, April 29). Interestingly, at my last two appointments, my OB has seemed to be telling me that we don’t really have to wait for the 29th, and seemed to be implying she’d rather go ahead and deliver him over the weekend. DW confirmed this after yesterday’s appointment (she got the exact same impression). So we are considering heading in on Sunday instead of Monday. Reasons?
- We have to be at the hospital on Monday at 5:30AM for a 7:30AM birth. Ugh!
- I am supremely uncomfortable and just ready to go. I’d never go early simply for my own discomfort, but one day early? When we know this baby is full-term? Seems kinda like a no-brainer to me.
OB said that we originally just had to pick a date sometime after 39 weeks and it seems like you can’t scheduled for a weekend, so here we are. It feels kind of weird to go in and make up some excuse like “decreased fetal movement” or contractions or whatever, but this is what the OB seemed to want and it would definitely be better for us. She even made the comment that she loves delivering over the weekend (probably because it doesn’t mess with her office hours). If we decide to go for it, we figure we’ll arrive at the hospital around 9AM Sunday (isn’t that so much better than 5:30AM???). What do you guys think? Have any of you experienced this?
I am typically a Type A, scheduled, rule-following type of person so in that respect it feels strange. But man would it be nice to do it on a time frame that is nicer for us. My mom gets in on Friday, so anytime after that is fine where Monkey’s care is concerned. Today we lined up a tentative Sunday AM playdate for Monkey with a school friend (we’re close with the family and told them our possible plan) so that we have somewhere to drop him if we decided to go for it.
OMG IT’S ALMOST HERE!!!!!!