I had my last high-risk OB visit last Thursday (at 29 weeks, 5 days). Our last good look at the newbie until he is born. Kind of wild! We thought the last pics we got looked a lot like Monkey but this time, not so much. He looks like his own little (adorable) person. See?
We learned that he is a BIG boy (I knew it!) as all of his measurements were in the 95th percentile and higher. I just knew it! I feel so much bigger at this point than I did with my previous pregnancy, and I’m hitting all those icky, unpleasant third trimester symptoms now instead of at the 38+ week mark like last time. Man, I’m so NOT feeling good these days. On the plus side, everything looked great and I learned that I passed my 1 hour glucose test, so the important stuff is all checking out well.
My next OB visit is March 5, and she told me at my last appointment that we wouldn’t be doing bi-weekly exams after that (!!!). I think I’m going to ask if we can as I’m really concerned about making it to my due date. Call it mother’s intuition, but I just don’t know if I’m really going to get to 39 weeks. I hope I do as it would be nice to be home all summer so that DW isn’t alone with 2 kids all day every day. The current plan is for me to be out through Aug 19 – Monkey starts school around Aug 15. I just don’t know, friends.
Monkey has been killing me lately with his cute talking. Here are a few of his funnies:
- We ask him to make a choice (“Orange or banana? Which one?”) and he includes the “or” in his answer (“Or orange!”).
- He says “bewwy buttom” for bellybutton <3. This morning, DW was trying to get him to say it by pointing to his bellybutton and saying, “What’s that?” His response? “That’s baby F!” Hahahahahahaha!
- He’s big into talking about feelings lately and expressing his. “No! I don’t wike (like) that!”
- He’s super crazy sweet and affectionate. He must kiss all boo-boos, ask “Are you okay?” if you hurt yourself, and gives lots of spontaneous big hugs and kisses.
- He is very popular at school. The girls love to baby him. One of them calls him her “little peanut.” Ha!
Three is a challenge for sure, but it’s also so much fun watching him turn into his own little person.
On that note, Mama is tired and is going to rest her aching body. 9 more weeks! Seriously????