So I spent a ton of time today calling various places again…
- Called the other imaging place to see if it was possible to get in there. The woman told me for a mammogram, I’d have to wait 6 months post-nursing. I explained my situation and she was super nice and helpful. She said they could do an ultrasound (JDZ!) instead and it should be fine. I’d just need to get an order from my doctor to schedule it. She told me that I’d probably have to wait 2 weeks to be seen.
- Called my doctor (again) and talked to her about doing an ultrasound instead of a mammo. She agreed that it was fine and told me to talk to her nurse to get the order.
- Called the original imaging place to see if I could get in there sooner than the 2nd imaging place (are you keeping up with this?). Spent quite a bit of time on the phone with them explaining the situation, rescheduling the appointment, got very excited because they said I could come in Friday at 1, only to then have the woman tell me that they need an exact diagnosis for a breast ultrasound (i.e. they don’t offer full breast u/s – just specific views that require a closer look after a mammo).
- So then I called the other imaging place to make the appointment. The woman said I needed the order for the mammo with a diagnosis before making an appt, but said that next week was pretty open.
- Called my doctor’s nurse to get the order. She said my doctor would need to write it up and provide a diagnosis and that they would fax it over tonight so I can call tomorrow and make the appointment.
OMG. What a pain in the a$$. So, hopefully the appointment will get scheduled tomorrow, and hopefully my period won’t show up before I go in for the u/s, and hopefully the u/s will be absolutely normal. There is a possibility we’ll still be able to make this month, but I’m not holding my breath. My period arrived on the 21st of last month, but my periods are usually wonky and that was my first one after weaning, so it’s possible it won’t show up at that time. We’ll see…