I should totally be sleeping right now, but I’m way too keyed up because… we decided today that we will be trying for baby #2! OMG. We talked and decided we had a few things going for us:
- Monkey is weaned and sleep is much better these days (though he’s still an early riser – 5-5:30AM).
- Monkey is starting preschool in September, so we’ll have Mon-Fri mornings of Monkey-free, baby-only time.
- Monkey should be potty trained before then, so we’ll have only one in diapers.
- I work from home pretty much full-time, so when I “go back to work,” I’ll still be around to nurse and help out a bit.
We both think we’d regret it down the line if we didn’t have another (or try to have another – who knows how things will go). I feel like you never feel 100% ready to have a kid, you know? It’s hard when you have to plan everything out so meticulously not to get caught up in the details and the what-ifs. We’re just gonna jump in! So I am going to take the Lipitor for the next 6 weeks and have my cholesterol checked again at that point (May 3). If it is still high and I need to continue on medication, then I will switch to the safe for PG and nursing med. We are planning to do an FET in May or June.
Things I need to do to prep:
- Call regular doctor and see if I can go ahead and start with FET meds at the tail end of taking, or immediately after stopping, the Lipitor.
- Call RE and give him a heads-up that we’ll want to get this rolling when I get my next period, if doctor gives the okay.
- Discuss billing with RE’s office as they billed my insurance an INSANE amount of money when we did a bit of testing with him in December. Here’s hoping we don’t have to find another RE if we don’t like what we hear…
Shit just got real, y’all! I am excited and terrified. I guess that’s normal? We’ve decided not to share the news with anyone in real life. We will announce the pregnancy when I am at the 3 month mark. Yeah, we’ll see if I can hold out that long 🙂