Yeah, I’m gonna keep going with the series until we reach a couple of nights in a row of good sleep. I just don’t want to end until we reach the good sleep. I’ll also try to update with other Monkey things of interest at the end.
Another icky night:
- 7:30PM: Bedtime. And btw, thanks to those who responded on the bedtime issue. We are thinking we will set bedtime at 7PM from here on out and see how it goes.
- 9PM: Baby awake. I walked him around and got him back to sleep in his crib.
- 9:45PM: Baby awake. We all go to bed. Monkey cried pretty hard for about 10 minutes and seemed very sad 😦 He didn’t ask for go-go, but I think that was what had him upset. We soothed him and rubbed his back and belly (when he’d let us – he would push our hands away sometimes in anger), and finally he went to sleep.
- 11:30PM: Baby awake. He moaned and groaned, tossed and turned, pulled hair (something he always does in bed, usually when nursing), but was back to sleep rather quickly.
- 12:45AM: Baby awake. More of the same behavior from the 11:30PM wake up.
- 1:15AM: Baby awake. More of the same behavior from the 11:30PM/1:15AM wake ups.
- 5AM: Baby awake. We try to get him back to sleep, but it doesn’t happen. He isn’t upset, just awake and rolling around
- 6AM: DW gets up with Monkey.
I usually try to get up with him Fri-Sun, but I was just so beat. Even though the breast is out of the equation, Monkey still clings to me when he wakes in the night, making sleep difficult. Some of the night wakings DW isn’t even aware of. So she took the early shift again. Bless her.
I don’t think I’ve mentioned here that we are taking Monkey for his first trip to Disneyland next weekend. We are so excited! We’re going with a friend and his 3-year-old son (it will he his first trip as well). I hope we all have a great time. Our plan is to be extremely relaxed and just take it easy. We are lucky that we can do that since DL is only 1.5 hours away from home. If we were buying airline tickets and doing a whole vacation around it, we might feel a bit more pressured to get everything in. We have booked two character meals (a dinner and a lunch) and I think Monkey is going to LOVE it. He really loves meeting characters, so this should be a no-brainer. We are going to D’land one day and California Adventure the next. They have Mater and Lightning McQueen at CA Adventure – OMG Monkey is going to freak out! So fun!