Well, it’s hard to know if last night was actually better or not. See for yourself:
- 7PM: Bedtime
- 8:30PM: Woke up. DW was able to get him back down after a couple of tries.
- 10PM: We go to bed and baby goes down without nursing.
- 11:30PM: Baby up. I walked him around and got him back to sleep with no nursing.
- 2:30AM: Baby up. I walked him around and got him back to sleep with no nursing.
- 3AM: %$^&*%$#@$%^% smoke alarm in our room goes off (false alarm – this happens occasionally), waking us all from a sound sleep. DW tries to walking him to get him back down but is unsuccessful. She takes him to the living room. 4AM she tries again and is unsuccessful. 4:45AM she tries again and is unsuccessful. I take baby to the living room. I try a couple of times over the next 1.5 hours to get him down. Finally give up and keep him up. So that’s 3AM up for the day. Sigh.
He tried to nurse on the couch a couple of times between 5-6:30AM, but I didn’t let him. He nursed at 6:30AM. So that’s 7PM-6:30AM with no nursing (and no crying). Tonight will be a better test since the smoke alarm fouled things up last night.
He fell asleep on the breast at 9AM, woke at 10AM, and we got him back to sleep. It is now 11AM and he’s still sleeping.
I am really hoping tonight is better since I have to work tomorrow. I have a presentation that I’m giving on Tuesday at 9AM. If Monday is a terrible night, I’m not sure how I’ll deal with that. I won’t dwell on it – we’ll make it through. Somehow…