First up, we had to move our RE appt. from tomorrow to next Tuesday morning. Oh, the anticipation!
I’ve been dreaming lately of when we get to move into a house with actual room for all of our things! And on that note, I thought it’d be fun to list our requirements versus nice-to-haves. What is on your list?
- Separate, reasonably sized laundry room (not the closet in the kitchen we have now – must hold cat litter box!)
- 3 bedrooms (master, Monkey, office/guest room)
- Decently sized backyard (room for swingset and general playing)
- Two-car garage attached to house (so sick of schlepping groceries up stairs or on the elevator and having to use a key to open a door from the garage to the downstairs lobby)
- Lots of storage!
- Good school district (duh)
- Not on a busy street (our condo faces a busy street and we can never have our sliding glass doors open as it’s way too noisey)
- Single story (ranch-style, no stairs)
- Bedrooms located together (at least, the master and one bedroom should be next to each other)
Nice to have
- Mud room in which to store sports equipment, strollers, misc. stuff that goes outside
- 4 bedrooms (this might become a must have if another baby makes an appearance, especially a baby of the girl variety as I don’t think I’d have a problem with brothers sharing for a while – would it be weird for young bro/sister to share? hmmm….)
- Pool/spa (we use the one at our condo so much, it would be nice to have it in a new place, though by no means a necessity)
- Patio area that is screened in or that could be screened in
- Located on a cul-de-sac
Wish we could move right now…