I have some time to kill before my next meeting so… here’s an actual post! Monkey is 21 months old. He is wearing 2T shirts and 18-24 month pants (he’s big on top and small on the bottom). His shoe size is 6-6.5, depending on the shoe. He is about 34″ tall and weighs around 27 lbs. And now I’m moving to bullets 🙂
- Speech: Monkey is still a bit behind in this department, but he continues to surprise us with what he knows and understands. For example, we got him a new lift-the-flap Halloween book that has a page with a door that you open with trick or treaters behind it. He closed the door and knocked on it. No idea where he picked up knocking, but it sure was adorable. DW called yesterday to get Monkey on the schedule for speech evaluation. Neither of us is worked up over it at all and think he’s just fine. But I don’t want to wait in case there is an issue – better safe than sorry. Will keep you updated on how that goes. We had to fill out a lengthy online questionaire – who knows when they’ll actually see us. I love LA!
- Food: Monkey eats pretty well these days. The challenge is getting him in (and keeping him in) his chair. He doesn’t want to be confined. So we generally feed him what we can until he just has to get down, and then offer him bites as he roams (he eats quite a lot this way). Bad habit? Maybe, but I like knowing he has a full belly. In terms of what he likes, he loves any type of fruit, fave veggies are asparagus and broccoli, and his favorite meal is Mommy’s mushroom chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. Yum!
- Sleep: Alas, sleeping problems are still a big part of our existence. We had pretty much adjusted to co-sleeping and being up for the day by 5:30 at the latest, with around 3 nighttime nursing sessions. The last week, though, has been horrible. Up for several hours in the night and up early for the day, long naps, difficulty going to sleep, daytime tantrums due to extreme sleepiness. No, it has not been a fun week in the L-M household. We think he was running a slight fever and might be teething (hands in his mouth a lot), but Motrin/Tylenol aren’t really helping. Let’s hope things get better soon. I am also considering night-weaning, but am terrified that then we’ll get no sleep as that is the only way to get him down sometimes. Argh.
- Behavior: Monkey continues to be an intense little guy. He hugs often and tightly with a big smile and closed eyes. When he’s upset, he bites. Intensely. He’s like a pit bull with the locking jaw. Poor DW’s arm is covered in bruises (I have been bitten as well, but she gets it more often as the SAHM). When he bites, we hold his face firmly and tell him, “No biting. That hurts Mommy/Mama. Ouch!” If he’s being held, he gets put down immediately. Other than that, I’m really not sure what we can do until he’s able to communicate better. Sigh.
- Toys: Monkey has encountered Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars due to his older cousin and our friend’s 2.5 year old and he LOVES them. I mean seriously. So, we’ve bought a few and it is ridiculous how much enjoyment he gets out of them. I’ve also gotten a few ideas for activities off of Pinterest (my latest Internet obsession). One that he really likes is glow sticks in the bathtub with the lights turned off. This is BIG fun, let me tell you. (And it’s cheap, too!). Any of you on Pinterest? Always looking for more people to follow 🙂
- Halloween: We have two costumes yet again this year (DW can’t resist). He will be Yoda and a bat (looks like they are sold out of the costume, but there is a pic of it you can see under the bat treat bag). Cute, right?
And that’s what’s happening in the world of Monkey.