I just got off the phone paying my yearly storage fee for the embies remaining from my IVF. We’re still talking all the time about the possibility of #2, and it feels more and more like we are leaning toward…doing it. Even in our sleep-deprived state, we love our little Monkey so much, we think we might regret not having another. I will be 41 in May, so we need to decide soon. I’m thinking about doing an FET in August. We would be putting in only one embie. We are only in the market for one more. At first, I was like, “WHA-HUH???” when DW said we should do 1, but she said even if we had to do multiple FETs, it’s still way less $ than you’d spend for an extra child. It made total sense to me, so that’s what we’ll do (if we do anything at all).
Issues to consider:
- I still don’t have my period back, and Monkey doesn’t seem like he’ll be ready to wean anytime soon. Though I’ve heard that people can ovulate/get pregnant when breastfeeding/no period. Maybe I’ll put in a call to my RE just to get some answers.
- We would want DW to continue being a SAHM, so this means we’d have to put our plans of moving into a bigger place on hold. We are in a 2 bedroom condo currently and are bursting at the seams. I guess we could get a storage space, and (finally) turn our office into a nursery for both babes (or continue to co-sleep and then who cares, right?).
- I could be laid off any time. Then again, that’s always the case for everyone at any given moment, right?
Just writing this post has me in an anxious and excited mindset. Eep!